|Born:||September 17, 1985|
Bronx, United States
|Affiliation:||New York Police Department|
|Voice actor:||David Gasman|
|“||NYPD detective Tyler is troubled by his relationship problems and long working hours. He’s more than ready to wrap up this case immediately. That is until Carla takes things one step further. This murder isn’t going to be solved easily.||”|
– Official manual description
Sergeant Tyler Miles is one of three protagonists in Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy, and a police officer of NYPD. He works as a detective following the Doc's Diner murder case alongside his partner, Carla Valenti, as they chase down the killer, Lucas Kane.
Character Information[edit | edit source]
Tyler grew up in the Bronx and has three brothers and two sisters. He lead a rough life and this gave him passion for his police work in the hopes of making a difference, to the dismay of his fiance Samantha Malone. Although the two love each other and have moved in together, they often argue about Tyler's dangerous career and her wish to move near her parents and work at their shop.
Tyler is laid-back and has a carefree way of life, in contrast to his much more serious partner, Carla. Despite this, they get along, with Tyler respecting her and considers her the boss in their working relationship. It's suggested that Tyler is highly influenced by what Carla tells him based on what Jeffrey said about the two. They also share a workspace where Carla dislikes the basketball Tyler keeps in the office and has failed to make him rid of it.
Unlike Carla, Tyler is not involved in finding out more about the Alan Kirsten case and unaware of the connections it has with their current case. He does help Carla locate the Kirsten file if she fails to overcome her claustrophobia of the Police Station basement.
At the end, when the temperature continues dropping and causes a city wide emergency, Carla and Tyler drops the two cases to focus on relief efforts. Tyler eventually reveals he knows Carla has met with Lucas but trusts whatever decision she makes. Sam will visit the station and offer an ultimatum, for Tyler to stay in New York or to go with her to Florida. The choice is up to the player. Either choice will result in this being the last appearance of Tyler.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is shown, in his house, that he collects a bunch of old records, which he even has a old record player. He states that he wouldn't sell the records for anything in the world.
- In Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered, one of Tyler's records is Beyond: Two Souls, another game created by Quantic Dream directed by David Cage.
- The voice actor for Tyler, David Gasman, also voices Lucas Kane.
- Gasman also does an additional number of minor roles in the game.
References[edit | edit source]
- https://www.gamespot.com/articles/indigo-prophecy-character-profiles-carla-and-tyler/1100-6130437/ Character Profile on Gamespot